To locate where to input your PayPal Client ID:
- Navigate to the Builder page of your form.
- Under the Drag and Drop section, click on the Payment tab.
- Select the PayPal option. Once the PayPal option has been selected a pop-up appears requesting for your PayPal Client ID. You should input your PayPal Client ID here.
Your PayPal Client ID can be generated from your PayPal account.
Follow the steps below to locate the PayPal Client ID from your PayPal account.
After signing up still visit the PayPal developer to get your Client ID.
Log in and select the “My Apps & Credentials” (default), which is under the Dashboard section.
Navigate to the "REST API" apps at the bottom of the page and create an App by clicking on the Create App button.
Name the newly created App “Formplus” and click on the “Create App" button to successfully create your App.
Switch to the “Live” tab on the switch button located at the top right corner of the page.
Copy the Client ID displayed on the “Live” page and paste in the space provided on your form and click on the Save option.
The Sandbox mode on the Paypal platform is a testing mode, developed to imitate the live mode. With this mode, you can observe transaction process without affecting any live account or transaction. Please do not copy the Client ID on the sandbox mode, remember to switch to the live mode and copy the Client ID displayed on the live mode.
You can also integrate PayPal by inputting your PayPal Client ID directly into your account. See the steps below to do this:
- From your Dashboard, click on your email address at the top right corner of the page and select the Accounts & Settings option. This redirects you to the Settings page.
- Click on the Payment tab and input your PayPal Client ID, follow the above process to locate your PayPal Client ID for your PayPal account.
- Click on the Save Options at the top right of the Settings page.
1. Respondents can also pay using their credit cards if they do not have a PayPal account, this option is available when they select the "Pay with Debit or Credit card" option from the PayPal pop-up. Respondents can not choose any amount they wish to pay, only form owners can determine how much respondents are to pay, hence why PayPal is suitable for an order form and not a donations form.
2. You need to have PayPal business or premier account for you to have a successful checkout transaction with your respondents.
3. Currency option is open to different currencies in the world, that means you can receive payments in your local currency.