To import data into Formplus, kindly follow the steps below:
- Sign up or sign in to Formplus.
- Click on the Create form button on your Dashboard to create a new form and then navigate to the Responses page of the newly created form or if you want to import data to an existing form, click on the responses option of the existing form from the Forms page to directly go to the Responses page of the form.
- Click on the import button displayed on the Responses page. This will cause a modal as seen in the image below.
- Click on the upload file button. This will display your file explorer so that you can select your document.
- Select your preferred CSV file that should be imported and click on the Next button at the bottom right of the modal.
- Next step is to map the form fields - Here you select which form field that columns from your CSV file should fill when they are imported
- On the Create Mapping section of the import modal, the header for each column in your CSV file is listed. The fields are mapped by default, however, you can modify the default mapping. Select the field in which you will like data under each header to be displayed on your form. For example, a header for emails can be mapped to the email field or into another field of your choice in your form as shown below. You can also delete fields that you would not like to see in your responses
- Click on the () button to complete the import process.
A success message will be shown indicating the total number of responses imported after the import is successful. Imported data will be displayed under the field you select for each header.
Things to note
- The import data functionality is only available to the Platinum and Enterprise plans only
- Imported responses do not count against your response quota and are not included in the total submission count for the form
- For forms with Google Sheets integration, imported responses are not synced or added to the spreadsheet associated with the form
- Only users storing data in Formplus can import responses to their forms