The Date and Time field allows respondents to select date or time or both date and time on your form. This is useful when creating scheduling forms, receiving respondents age, duration of time to perform a task or number of days selected by respondents. This date can either be typed in or selected from the pop-up calendar.
Like all other fields, the Date and Time field has the Edit icon -to modify field options, Duplicate icon - to copy field and Delete icon - to remove the field from the builder. The Date and Time field is located in the Builder > Input section of the form.
The following options are displayed in the edit modal of the Date and Time field.
- Field Label - This is where you input the name of the field. As you edit this option, the result is displayed on the builder. The default field label is the default name of the field type you have selected. For the Date and Time field, the default field label is Date and Time.
Help text - Use this option to relay more information to your respondents regarding the field.
- Field type - This option allows you to select your preferred field type. It displays a dropdown of Date and Time, Date, Time. You can select if you will like to receive only date or time or both date and time with the field. The option selected here determines the type of validation and field options that will be displayed. Selecting the Date and Time field type displays both the date and time format. While selecting only date field type displays only date format and selecting only time field type displays only time format.
where you get to choose the format you want your respondents time to be displayed in, be it the 12- hour format or the 24-hour format. However, regardless of the format selected, time results are still displayed in the 24-hour format on the responses page where the submissions are displayed.
The Date field type also displays a set of options as listed below;
- Single or multiple dates - There are 3 options in this section;
- Multiple Date - This option allows your respondents to select more than one date from the calendar pop-up on the form for the Date field. This is useful in collecting multiple dates with one Date or Date and Time field.
- Date Range - This option allows your respondents to select within a specified date range. E.g they can select a range between 2nd Mar - 5th Mar 2019. This can be used in reservation forms.
- Date format - This allows you to select the order you want your date to be displayed in. The available orders are MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY and YYYY/MM/DD. The default order is YYYY/MM/DD.
- Separator type. There are 3 available options for the separator style - Slash, dot, and dash. The default separator type is slash.
- Default text - In this option, you enter the default value of the field. Whatever value is entered here will be displayed on the form. Depending on other options selected for this field, the respondents can edit this inputted default value. You can see this article for more information on Default text.
- Use 'Today' as the default date - This option will display the day respondent accesses the form as the default date.
- Make Fields Required - This option allows you to make field compulsory for your respondents, such that they will be unable to submit the form unless they have field out this field.
- Hide Field - This option will make the field invisible to your respondents. Although the column is still displayed on your response page, it will not be shown to your respondents.
- Make field read-only - Unlike the hide field option, your respondents will see this field on the form but will be unable to edit it. The field greys out when they try to fill it in.
The validation option displayed is dependent on the field type selected.
Date field validation - The validation displayed for both selecting for either the Date and time field type or the Date field type is the same. Here, the validation options are as explained below;
- Disable Specific Days of The Week - Simply put, selecting a specific day of the week to be disabled will grey out the dates selected on the calendar pop-up on the form. You can select more than one day to be disabled. This is can be useful for disabling non-working days.
- Disable Past Dates - This option allows you to disable previous dates so that your respondents will not be able to select them on the calendar pop-up. You can also enable the Use Today option, this option will disable all dates before the day your respondent accesses the form. For example, if you disable dates from
- Disable Future Dates - This option allows you to disable future dates so that your respondents will not be able to select them on the calendar pop-up. You can also enable the Use Today option, this option will disable all dates after the day your respondent accesses the form.
Time Field Validation - This validation is displayed when you have selected the time field type. The validation options are as explained below:
- Disable Time Before -This validation allows you to disable past time. You can also enable the Use Current Time option to disable all times before the respondent accesses the form.
- Disable Time After - This validation allows you to disable subsequent time. Enabling the Use Current Time option will disable all times after the respondent accesses the form.
You can also use the Date and Time field for calculation, This lets you automatically determine the age of respondents, calculate the time differences and date differences. For more information on how to access this option, you can see this article.