The major thing to note if you want your form(s) to be submitted offline, is that this feature is not currently compatible with all browsers, support for other browsers may come in the future. This feature is best used on the latest version of the Chrome browser.
As at the time this article was last updated, the offline form submission functionality is currently only supported by the browsers/devices listed below:
- Chrome desktop (Mac/OSX inclusive)
- Firefox desktop (Mac/OSX inclusive)
- Chrome mobile (Android)
- Firefox mobile (Android)
- Samsung internet.
This means to use the offline functionality on a form, you will need to ensure all respondents have any of the compatible browsers listed above on their devices. When in doubt, you can request they download the latest version of Chrome on their device.
- The form has to be fully loaded on the device in a place with a good internet connection at least once before the form can be accessed offline. Afterwards, the form can always be reloaded, filled and submitted even without an internet connection.
- For easier access or if the form will be frequently used, you can consider adding the form to the home screen on your device. That way, it is listed amongst your device apps.
- Offline responses are best synced with a WiFi connection and may take some time before all responses are finally updated to the response spreadsheet.
- When a form is submitted without an internet connection on other browsers, the submission is stored on the respondent's device. The respondents are then required to reload the form when they come back online to allow for manual syncing of the submission.